Everything You Need for a Spa Day at Home
As a busy woman, whether you’re a stay-at-home mom or working a full-time job, getting out of the house to treat yourself to a spa day can be, honestly, impossible. However, even if you feel like you don’t have the time to pamper yourself with a massage or facial, you can still treat yourself to a relaxing spa day at home.
If you have all of the necessities to get the most out of your at-home spa day, you will have no trouble relaxing.
prepare for your spa session
- remove any old nail polish
- clip and file nails as needed
begin the process
- shave (anything, everything, whatever floats your boat!)
- shampoo – use scalp scrubber
- exfoliate your body
- deep conditioning or hair mask treatment
are you ready to glow?
- put your hair up with terry cloth scrunchies and headband
- remove all makeup using a non-abrasive makeup remover and reusable makeup remover cloth (if necessary)
- Apply teeth whitener strips (if you want)
- Apply face mask
~move to next step, you will finish your facial later ~
Draw yourself a bath
What you will need:
- Bath Salts
- Bubble Bath – add some essential oils if you want a more potent smell
- Terry towel hair wrap
- Book, magazine, or music (or all three!)
- Glass of champagne, wine (treat yourself), or cucumber water
~ rinse out deep conditioning treatment ~
get that glow
- using a soft washcloth, remove face mask
- apply serums, facial moisturizer, eye creams, etc. (pamper!)
- apply body creams (don’t forget your hands and feet!)
get those silky smooth shiny locks
- apply leave-in conditioner
- apply hair oil to ends
- gently brush out locks
- put hair back up into towel
add the dazzle
- pick out your favorite nail polish (I personally love the quality of OPI polish)
- nail polish
- paint toes first, then fingernails
- add a top coat
- lay back and relax while your nails dry
If you feel so inclined, I suggest you finish your spa day at home with a good old fashioned at-home blow out. I have my own version of this and you should do what works best for your hair type to get the results you want. For fine hair like mine, this is what I do to increase volume.
- apply blow out cream
- blow dry hair mostly upside down
- use volumizing blow dry brush
- hot rollers – these help me get good volume
Now, go out and show off that beautiful glow. Whether it’s walking the kids around the block or grabbing a much deserved date night with your husband. Enjoy!
What do you do during your at-home spa day? Drop in the comments!